Saturday, June 30, 2012

Sammy at the Exhibits at ALA 2012



Here is Sammy excited about picking up ARCS (Advanced Reading Copies) in the exhibit hall at the conference.  I might add that because of all of Sammy's grabbiness, my luggage was overweight to come back to Indy.  Most people at ALA are savvier than me (and no doubt, if Savvy had been here, she would have been) and ship their boxes back.  But I just didn't feel that I had enough to warrent all that extra effort. 

Fortunatley, I was helped by the BEST worker at US Airways who found me a coffee-maker box to put my books in.  She taped it all shut, created a handle out of tape, sent me through security, met me on the other side, and checked my box (for free) all the way to Indianapolis (and I had a stop in Phoenix!).  I might add that my flight number for Indy was 500.  They kept saying "If you are on flight number Indianapolis 500 blah blah blah blah..." Because once they said Indianapolis 500 I couldn't focus enough to hear what the blah blahs meant!  Flight Indianapolis 500!  Ha!

So when Sammy and I got back to Indy, Dad met us at the airport (at 1:30 in the morning) and I told him the story of the coffee-maker box and when it finally came through the luggage carosel (at 2:30 in the morning) we did a little dance.  Well, ok.  I did a little dance.   I probably jumped too.  Gosh those US Airways people are amazing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment