Thursday, July 26, 2012

ALA Camp Friends!

I figured that all my avid readers are probably a little tired of just hearing about sessions, riveting though they may be, and maybe you want to hear about fun stuff?  Well, here's some fun stuff.

My last day in Anaheim was spent with my ALA Camp friends.  We went to the Muzeo museum to see an exhibit called The Word:  Ink and Blood - Dead Sea Scrolls to Gutenberg.  A perfect exhibit for a bunch of bibliophiles.  The museum also had a second exhibit, a photography exhibit, in a related (were they connected?  Cannot remember.) building called Resonating Fields.  This was the work of Lois Greenfield and it was very cool to look at.

My ALA Camp friends and I did camp-like things like singing Kum-by-a in the car (provided by our local ALA Camper!), eating outside (although this was at a little sandwich place...not actually at a campsite), and posing for pictures, and then I bid them all adieu and they headed back up to the state of Washington, I headed back to the state of Indiana (currently we are in a severe state of drought), and our one friend is left holding down the fort in Cerritos. 

Miss you ALA Camp friends!

Still to come, a post about programming for tweens, and a post about the state of GBLTQ publishing.

Love from Broadway Gal!

1 comment: